The 6 are part of the 30 AH-64E helicopters ordered in 2008 in a deal worth $2.04 billion. The AH-64E, formerly known as the AH-64D Block III, was selected over the AH-1Z attack helicopter.
The Boeing AH-64E helicopter:
- has a crew of 2
- a length of 17.73 m
- a rotor diameter of 14.63 m
- a height of 3.87 m
- a max takeoff weight of 10433 kg
- has a maximum speed of 365 kph
- has an effective combat radius of 480 km
- has 2 GE T700-GE-701D turboshafts, 2000 shp each
The Apache attack helicopters will join the 2 squadrons of AH-1W Super Cobras Taiwan currently has in service.